In Jerry's case, you have IT director that has spent 10-20 years in
windows world, he doesn't like UniVerse and is not open to learning its
capabilities and the good tools that are in the market for it.  He went
to a IBM conference once and that was before I joined the company over 7
years ago. Add a young 20-30 something network administrator that knows
little about Unix/Linux and even less about UniVerse that is totally
against anything not Windows and a 20 something Windows programmer who
has said repeatedly that UniVerse is old technology and they bombard the
owner of the company, well you get the picture.  Add the fact that only
the IT director has a clue as to the business logic and what he knows
relates more to the product the company sells and supports which is
window's based then the business logic the drives the internals of the
business and the other 2 know very little.  It is a train wreck waiting
to happen and it did factor in on my decision to leave the company for
greener pastures.  Course better schools, warmer weather were the main
attraction and after 6 months I can honestly say, new company is great
to work for.

Brenda L Price
UniVerse Programmer
Rapid Response Team
Market America, Inc.
Greensboro, NC

Why?

> It's too easy to characterize management decisions like this as
> "frivolous" or "political".  But it's irresponsible to ignore the true
> business reasons behind these decisions, dooming ourselves to repeat
> history's mistakes.
>
> rex
>
> JPB-U2UG wrote:
> > I can't speak for everyone but if it's anything like at our place,
> it's
> > due to lack of education. UniVerse is contains all of our business
> logic
> > and Microsoft is used for our presentation layer, desktop and web.
We