In message <367f3b3911959c4da9991c00166f620c01b90...@euducex2.europe.ad.flextronics.
com>, Glenn Sallis <glenn.sal...@nl.flextronics.com> writes
It's yet another story that makes people who know and understand the
multivalue database model cringe. Often one of the reasons for migrating
seems to be due to decisions being made upstairs by people who have not
bothered to consult the people with the knowledge to inform of the
technical realities and work involved in such a major change.

Quite often because the existing system has been starved of resources...

The in-house UV system I worked on a few years back wasn't upgraded because management wouldn't let us, then they decided to outsource building its replacement. We could easily have done what the contractors did, we just weren't allowed to try.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the