ROTFL.

U2 is like a virus.  hehehehe

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Anthony W.
Youngman
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:59 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] UV to SAP migration disaster

In message <461165.65382...@web58106.mail.re3.yahoo.com>, Laurie Blain
<laurie_bl...@yahoo.com> writes
>I heard that IBM bought Unidata and Universe to kill them off.
>To their surprise many of us are refusing to let the U2 die.

I think the problem WAS (apparently the people involved have moved on)
that the top people in the DB2 group (of which U2 is a part) were very
heavily emotionally involved in DB2 itself.

They've now been replaced with people who are a bit more
business-minded, and who realise that the U2 databases are valuable.

Maybe U2 will do an Informix on IBM (remember when Informix took over
Ardent it turned into a reverse-takeover, and it was Informix that came
off worse :-)

>Laurie

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the