Sorry.  I made a typo.  It should say they could NOT get access to the
systems not connected tothe Internet.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation

charles_shaf...@ntn-bower.com
Sent by: owner-u2-us...@listserver.u2ug.org
04/21/2009 09:01 AM
Please respond to u2-users

        To:     u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [U2] UV to SAP migration disaster

Speak of the devil.  Here's an example from today.

"The Joint Strike Fighter project in the US, in which Britain's BAE
Systems is a major partner has been infiltrated by hackers.   The Wall
Street journal reported that the hackers thought to be from China siphoned

off several terabytes of data related to the design of the fighter and
electronics systems."

The problem isn't Windows.  WIndows is what it is.  It's the managers who
have forgotten how to do their jobs because of the lax attitude in the
industry now.  And I do blame Microsoft largely for that.

To Lockheed Martin and BAE systems credit, the hackers were not able to
get everything.

"Sources told the Journal that while spies downloaded a lot of information

about the Joint Strike Fighter they could _NOT_ get access to the most
sensitive
material stored on computers not connected to the Internet."

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation

This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway.
http://www.astaro.com