Hi All,

UV10.2.7 Pick

HPUX 11.11

Someone (ok me) decided to resize a file today from dynamic to static.B
ShortlyB a fter that, the system came to a halt because the type 30 semaphore
flag was stuck.B  Can anyone tell me how/why this happened? The file I resized
is fine.B  I've been using the CONCURRENT flag with the resize lately B and
haven't encountered any issues.B  However, I've never (and will never again)
change from dynamic to static with otherB usersB on the system. B  I did clear
the lock (UNOCK T30LOCK SEMAPHORE) but about an hour later it got stuck
again.B  I found the users that had the file open using /etc/fuser pathname
and had them log out.B  Is there anythingB  I can check to find out why this
keeps happening?

Also, any inside knowledge on how the resize using the concurrent option
actually works would be appreciated.

Thanks muchB in advance,

Scott