The most significant difference between UV/nix and UV/doz in our experience is
that UV/doz does not have any print spooler whatsoever.

Each print job goes directly to the Windows spooler and then to the associated
Windows printer.

<AD> Our SpoolerPlus software product provides both a print spooler for
Universe and the functions and commands necessary to emulate the generic Pick
print spooler on UV/doz, UV/nix, UD/doz, UD/nix, QM/doz and QM/nix.

SpoolerPlus solves the problem of the missing spooler on UV/doz and provides a
much richer print spooler architecture than that provided by the native UV, UD
and QM databases (IMHO)</AD>

That said, my sense is that it is much easier to create printers in UV/doz than
it is in UV/nix.

Please feel free to contact me directly for a more detailed discussion if you
wish.

hth,

Dave

Dave Taylor