I'll second that Printing in Windows is much more seamless than
Linux/UNIX. You create a printer and it's there. However what I think
you miss out on in Windows is all the great utilities and diverse
language support that is native to Linux. Your options to get things
done in a native, less "hacked together", way on Linux is far stronger
than on Windows.

Like Brian said though, UV is great at ironing out the differences so
really it boils down to how you are going to extend UV. If your going
to use Microsoft solutions then the go Windows. If your going to use
FOSS solutions to extend, then use Linux.

My $.02

Nrom