From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of jpb-u2ug
Sent: 02 June 2009 16:08
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] [u2u] UV on Windows question

I just rebooted my Linux systems last week the first time in about 6 months.
The reason, because the windows servers on our network have been changed so
many times that they were finally starting to affect Samba on the Linux
server. I couldn't just change the IP addresses anymore and restart Samba, I
actually had to reboot the system. I have had the system up so long that I
got a message like Lee's but I try to reboot at least once a year just so
the heads don't weld themselves to the disk surface if I do have to bring
them down for some reason. I don't think we have ever had a windows server
stay up more than a week so I think you are either lucky or you very seldom
install a patch on your server.

Jerry Banker