Excellent points.  In my personal experience, I've had terrible dealings with
overseas firms.  On the flip side, the sharpest person I've ever worked with
was from New Delhi.

Getting back to the point at hand, I believe that Pick Systems had some
development work done in Russia, during the early 90's.  I remember their work
as being very good and remarkably bug-free. (Of course, I also drank a lot
during those days, so my memory may not be that good.)  Now,all of a sudden, at
the same time that Rocket Software picks up U2, we start getting questions from
rsystems in India.  Naturally, I wondered if Rocket Software was the company
that hired them.  Probably not, but I'm still curious.

>>> "Larry Hiscock" <lar...@wcs-corp.com> 10/12/2009 5:09 PM >>>
Indian development firms aren't all they're cracked up to be, especially in
anything other than Microsoft technologies.  I've seen exactly this
progression in other language lists to which I belong.  Indian firm gets
contract based on price and claim to know the language.  Indian firm tries
to get free help from mailing lists, newsgroups, etc, because they don't
understand the technology.  Indian firm loses contract or is not renewed.

We've got personal experience in taking development contracts away from this
type of firm.

Larry Hiscock
Western Computer Services