I’m testing using triggers to maintain an Audit log of transactions.
Everything works, the file, the subroutine, but the trigger process is
extremely slow.

My test program loops through 1 to 10000 and writes a record to my test file
with the trigger.  Without the trigger in place the program runs in 2
seconds, with the trigger in place the program runs in 25 seconds.  The
timings are roughly the same if the trigger program is doing nothing more
than a return.  I’ve also tested calling the trigger subroutine from the
program (without the trigger on the file) and the process runs in 2-3
seconds.

This is Universe 10.2.10 on a virtual Windows 2003 server.  The trigger file
is type 18 and the trigger was created with this statement;
CREATE TRIGGER AUDIT_LOG BEFORE UPDATE OR INSERT OR DELETE ON
TEST.TRIGGER.FILE FOR EACH ROW CALLING '*apps*AUDIT.LOG.TRIGGER';

It appears that just calling a trigger significantly degrades the process.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Curt