From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Doug
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 12:19 PM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] Universe Triggers

Curt,

We run Web applications a 25 second delay would be a death march for our
staff with the users pointing things at us. This is a known Universe issue
and to be fixed on a later release according the folks at U2 University.

We wrote our own auditing the works with Universe and Unidata.  This is
pretty easy for us since high percentage of our writes and deletes are
handled out of a single subroutine.  The programs that use their own WRITE
or DELETE had to have all another line or two added to complete the auditing
processes.

We have about a 50-300ms delay for the additional read and writes to the
audit file. This strategy works very well for our call center application.

Regards,
Doug