From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of MAJ
Programming
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 10:10 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Microdata Conversion

To All:

The day is finally approaching. One of my Microdata clients is now
wanting to switch to a contemporary platform.

Because of being a Microdata, I have a fork in the road: 1) Do I pursue
a system that can run in Microdata Flavor, ie Unidata or 2) do I
endeavour on the path of either programatically or manually changing the
true-PQN procs to more traditional PQ procs to end up on a D3 system.

Also, I recall one of my other clients having switched from MCD to UD
before me and there must have been a dictionary converter to go from the
10 line items to the 7 line items. That converter put the original 10
line dict (attributed) on line 10 of the new dict item, replacing @am
with @vm's.

I would like to gather opinions from anyone who has done such a
conversion as well as from VAR's that could facilitate either the
specific sale and/or the conversion.

You may contact me directly at m.john...@jaydeetrucking.com

Thanks
Mark Johnson