From: Anthony W. Youngman [mailto:u...@thewolery.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 6:34 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] How do you determine terminal emulator?

In message <6.0.1.1.1.20100309151717.05cc2...@12.167.143.145>, Beverly
Wilson <bwil...@daedalus-books.com> writes
>Hi folks,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone on the list can tell me what I can do to
>determine whether a user is using the Viaduct terminal emulator via
>UniBasic?

Can you configure Viaduct? It should have some sort of answerback
function.

>We have some code that can tell if the emulator is Accuterm or
>Wintegrate, but I haven't been able to come up with a command string
>that would cause Viaduct to return a value. I've looked through the
>docs, but haven't found anything. (I may be suffering situational
>blindness.)
>
>To give you an idea, these lines when run in through Wintegrate puts an

>X into the variable C:
>  PRINT CHAR(27):CHAR(1):"ENTER ":DQUOTE("X"):CHAR(13):
>  INPUT C WAITING 1 ELSE C = ""

Been there done that, but what you're doing looks slightly odd to me.

We had a mix of Prime PT200s, PT250s, Wyse85s, and Wintegrate configured

as a PT250. All of the real terminals would respond to a sequence
something like <esc>? (can't remember what it actually was).

So I wrote the login program to send this sequence to the user, and the
terminal would (as it was meant to) respond with some string without any

user intervention. And I programmed Wintegrate to behave just like a
pt250 including this answerback. If you look at the pt250.wis (or is it
.wit?) file distributed with Wintegrate you might well find my code in
there to do exactly that.

You'll need to read the Viaduct docu, but if it's at all
user-configurable, you should be able to program it to do an answerback.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman <pi...@thewolery.demon.co.uk>
'Yings, yow graley yin! Suz ae rikt dheu,' said the blue man, taking the