> From: Bessel, Karen
> Really???????? A lack of MV books may cost me my
> job??? I don't want to throw flames here, but I don't
> think I've ever heard anything quite so ridiculous.

The concept is truly worthy of ridicule but voicing the belief
that this has happened and will continue to happen should not
itself be ridiculous.  I'm sure a number of people here can
attest to an exchange with a decision maker where lack of
information about MV has caused some concern about whether the
company's IT assets sould be based on the platform.

We need to get past the stigmas of Pick and Prime, the "legacy"
flavor of it, and stop sounding like grass-roots fans and start
sounding more like supporters of mainstream solutions.  U2 users
lost the crutch of "it's OK, it's IBM".  Now you need something
else to lend credibility to the platform and your own
business/technical decisions.  The more information that people
can easily find out there the better.

Quick note to anyone who says they'd like to publish HowTos and
other helpful info free to the community: that's what PickWiki
and the U2UG wiki are for.  Write your material there, solicit
contributions and commentary, get people to collaborate, tell
people the material is there!

Tony Gravagno
Nebula Research and Development
TG@ remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com
Nebula R&D sells Pick/MultiValue products
worldwide, and provides related development services
remove.pleaseNebula-RnD.com/blog
Visit PickWiki.com! Contribute!
http://Twitter.com/TonyGravagno