In the last 2 days we have had problems with our sendmail routine. It
seems to get hung up sporadically.

I just did a      "mailq -v -d | more"   and got this information
---------
QAA44132   211524     691719 Apr  8 16:44 steve...@charlesmcmurray.com
<mailto:steve...@charlesmcmurray.com>
                 (Deferred: Name server: cmcmail.charlesmcmurray.com:
There is a
 Host Name Lookup Failure)

-----------

In SMIT our DNS server is set to our internal DNS server.

                                                        [Entry Fields]

* HOSTNAME                                           [rs6k]

* Internet ADDRESS (dotted decimal)                  [192.168.1.22]

  Network MASK (dotted decimal)                      [255.255.255.0]

* Network INTERFACE                                   en0

  NAMESERVER

           Internet ADDRESS (dotted decimal)         [192.168.1.12]

           DOMAIN Name
[charlesmcmurray.com]
I then did a   stopsrc -s sendmail
and then a    startsrc -s sendmail -a "-bd -q10m"

And eventually the emails are emptied from the Queue
Any suggestions?

Garry L. Smith
Dir Info Systems
Charles McMurray Company