Interestingly I have always found the power of vb.net (so that applies
equally to c#) amazing and that you can achieve a lot with very little code.

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Norman Bauer
Sent: 26 April 2010 17:46
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Groovy?

Bill,

I completely agree. But the truth is that any language binding to
Python, Ruby, or Groovy would be a vast improvement over the current
offerings. Don't get me wrong, Java and .NET are powerful, but at the
same time they are a bit overkill for what most SMB's need. In my mind
I liken Java to reading a book and having to spell out every word,
then say the word. C# is the same but only to a lesser degree.

I spent about two hours this past weekend trying to get Groovy to use
asjava with no success. Maybe I'll get a chance to hammer away at it
again later on this week.

Norm