After jumping from lily pad to lily pad several times over the last several
years, as my employers have converted from U2 to other platforms, which
involved two major moves (CT to VA in 2004, and VA to TX in 2007). I started
studying some “current” technologies last summer – .Net (VB & C#), SQL, HTML,
XML, etc. as I continued to work in UniBasic.

About two months ago, my lily pad here was beginning to look quite precarious.
I’ve always had a sharply honed sense of self-preservation and saw the writing
on the wall months ahead of time, but it didn’t seem to be the case this time
around.

Which brings me to the point of this email…The director of my current work area
(which is rapidly heading towards its demise) has assisted me with getting a
.NET position within the company. I didn’t even have to interview for it – a
gift dropped in my lap. Truly a gift that I am very excited about, but a little
scared too. Pick is my comfort zone – I’ve been doing it forever and frankly,
I’m really good at it. I’m going to work in a position working with stuff that
I’ve only studied. I can do it, I HAVE to do it, I will do it. 

I’ll be unsubscribing at some point soon. Just wanted to say “Later y’all” and
share my good news.

PS: Oh yeah, I’m going to be a first-time grandma in November, so add that to
the good news pile.

Karen Bessel
Software Developer
Tyler Technologies, Inc.