>From memory a for..done loop should that, something like:

for file in account_directory/*; do; fnuxi "$file"; done

Sorry it's been a while since I've had to do this: I use my own packaging
tools.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Martin Phillips
Sent: 13 May 2010 3:48 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] fnuxi problem

Hi all,

I am on a UniVerse client site trying to move an application with a vast
number of dynamic files, some indexed, from UV 10.1.18 on a Sun Solaris box
to UV 10.3.6 on a Red Hat Linux Intel box.

The data files were moved with tar and byte order conversion was done using
   find . -type f -exec fnuxi {} \;

This appeared to work but, on testing the application today, it now seems
that it skipped quite a few files along the way. Given that fnuxi is
supposed to ignore files that don't need conversion, I simply ran the
process again. It hung after converting a number of files, looping at 100%
cp.

In an attempt to make this restartable, I created a shell script with each
file as a separate fnuxi command. Again, this works for a while and then
hangs. At each hang, I note the failing file, remove everything down to that

point from the script and try again. The hangs are so often that this has
become unworkable (there are about 400,000 files in the list).

Repeating the fnuxi for a failing file sometimes fails again and sometimes
works ok. I have also seen it fail with a segmentation fault.

Some of the hangs are on the data files, some are on indices. I have even
used filepeek to walk through a failing file looking for ideas about why it
hangs.

So, has anyone experienced the same problem and, far more importantly, has
anyone got a fix or an alternative suggestion of how to move this system?

Thanks.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton, NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200

19:26:00