Btw, at the point where there's quite a few udt.exe's that exist at o/s
but are already released from unidata (as I see through listuser,
anyway)...those udt.exe's are consuming zero cpu.

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Symeon Breen
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:47 AM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] UniData 'QUIT'

The QUIT command just exits the udt process. Of course udt itself will
do
some tidying up at that point - releasing locks etc, then the OS will do
some tidying up with regard memory space etc.  I have seen quit take a
long
time when the udt process has got hold of a lot of ram, so check out the
process and see how much ram/cpu it is using, also check the lock table
see if it is having to release a lot of locks.