Not my area of expertise, but I wonder if this issue from the 7.2.6 readme
applies:

Issue 12972 - Problem Description

UniBasic -- Prior to this release, a secure CallHTTP (https), or
Secure SOAP connection through a proxy server failed with HTTP
error 400. The secure HTTP request to the proxy did not comply
with RFC 2616, as the 'Host" header was missing. With protocol
logging enabled, a message similar to the following example appeared
in the U2 Protocol Log:

        CONNECT xxxxxxx.com:443 thru proxy...
        Error writing socket in proxy_connect()
        Error making proxy CONNECT

If you enabled proxy-side logging, a message similar to the
following example appeared in the Proxy error log:

        client sent HTTP/1.1 request without hostname
        (see RFC2616 section 14.23):

The header has been added to the HTTP CONNECT method when

Wally Terhune
U2 Support Architect
Rocket Software
4700 S. Syracuse Street, Suite 400 **Denver, CO 80237 **USA
Tel: +1.720.475.8055
Email: wterh...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com/u2