In summary, to get triggers working as you want in UV you need to:

a) Have a stub subroutine which is globally catalogued
b) This stub subroutine is the one which you attach to the trigger
c) This stub subroutine calls the main subroutine which does all the
work

The benefit of this is the stub subroutine will rarely change and so you
will not
Have to go through the whole drop/create trigger scenario. UV seems to
keep
Track if the called subroutine changes and will cause a runtime error if
it has.
You are then free to change your main subroutine as often as you like.
You should
Probably only catalog it though when the system is quiescent.

d) If you want to execute a command from TCL which is on the banned
list. Unban it
e) On attribute 4 of the VOC entry for the verb e.g. SH, add an H to the
list of letters.
f) This will allow you to perform the command with a transaction. A
trigger has an implicit
transaction.

This however does not get around the issue of trying to debug a program
which accesses
A file with a trigger on. If you execute a write or delete on this file
while debugging then
You will get an error....but this is a separate issue and a pet peeve of
mine which is hopefully
Getting sorted.....

We have been using this for years with no adverse effects, but you do
need to be aware that you
Will not be able to rollback what you are doing...In the case of
emailing though this is probably
Not something that you care about.

Regards,

Schasny