Thank you all.

After much putzing with the various parts involved it is beginning to look like my original plan of having an email message sent when someone adds a new record to this file is not to be. Apparently executing an "SH" verb in a trigger program is not going to happen (Verb "SH" illegal when a transaction is active.). Boom Splat.

Henry Unger wrote:
Lock the record before you write it.

Henry Unger

Sent from my iPad