On 20/08/10 15:08, Robert Porter wrote:
> Are TCL command histories stored in a file by any chance?  I'm trying to find
> how a record got updated, and it doesn't appear to have gone through our
> standard program which updates the record with a who/when timestamp.
You can do it with an i-descriptor, or a trigger ... you can force a
file to log that info. So it doesn't matter HOW the file is updated, the
info will be recorded.

What you want to do is either create an update trigger that adds the
date, time and user to the record, or create an i-descriptor that calls
SUBR() to write key, date, time and user to another file. If you go down
the i-descriptor route, declare that field as an index, and it will be
updated every time the record is updated.

Cheers,
Wol