I am hoping I can find some help here.  I am running into a serious
performance issue with indexes on our UV system (UV 10.2, on AIX).

An example of this is our sales order files, SO (current/active) and SOH
(history) files.  We archive sales orders from SO to SOH on a daily basis,
this is moving approx 15,000 records from one file to the other.  If I
remove all indexes from both files, the process flies by, hundreds of
transactions per second.  But, with indexes on, we are luck to get one per
second.

Basically what happens with the code that does the archiving is it reads the
SO record, does some quick checks to make sure we can move it, then writes
the record to SOH, then deletes the SO.

There are 7 indexes on the SO file and 5 on the SOH.

I've tried removing one index from a file and running the process, but see
no performance gain until all indexes are gone.
The SO file is approx 7GB with 280k records, and the SOH file is 11GB, with
8,900,000 records

I have check the files sizes in UV and they are correct.

Can anyone provide some pointers on ways to setup indexes so they will run
faster?  Some of the indexes are 'ORDER.DATE', 'COUNTRY', 'MEMBER ID'