Thanks, this what I'm finding too, and it's really bad news.  Our database
needs to be available 24/7 due to being in the international market.  When
disabling the index on the SO, then enabling and updating, the update causes
locks the file - not good as our company runs off the SO file.  Locking that
file means we have scheduled "downtime" where we do no make money, the
Powers That Be won't have any of that.