From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Kevin King
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:50 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Unidata 6.1 connecting to UPS Worldship on Win7/64

I have a customer setting up a Win7/64 box for UPS Worldship.  Previously they
had a XP/32 box in that same place running an earlier version of the WS
solution.  They've installed the Unidata ODBC driver (which is 32-bit) and have
configured it, and have tested it successfully using Excel.  (By "tested
successfully" they've proven they can read information from Unidata into Excel
via ODBC.)

In the UPS Worldship application, when they try to setup the ODBC connection to
read from Unidata, WS shows the configured connector for Unidata in the ODBC
data sources.  That's positive.  When they select that source and enter user ID
and password, the little Windows blue circle (waiting indicator) hangs out for
a half second, and then ... it disappears as if nothing has happened.  At this
point we would expect it to go to the screen where the specifics of the ODBC
connection can be configured, but it never goes there.
 We've checked a couple of user IDs and passwords, so there's very little
chance that the wrong user ID and/or password has been entered.

As the Unidata connector seems to work under Excel, I'm thinking the problem is
a bug in the Worldship application, but I figured that maybe someone here might
have seen this and have some ideas other than "call UPS"?

-Kevin
http://www.PrecisOnline.com