On 2/7/2011 3:48 PM, Larry Hiscock wrote:
If you're not really repeating the loop (i.e. the EXIT just before the
repeat), why do you need a loop/repeat?

What's wrong with:

    code
    IF NOT(condition) THEN
       more code
    END

Larry Hiscock
Western Computer Services

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of George Gallen
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 12:26 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: [U2] Does UV have a "BLOCK" command

I want to setup a block of commands,  and be able to exit out of the block
if needed.
Right now I use a LOOP/REPEAT with an EXIT statement before the REPEAT.
I'd rather not use labels  (or subroutines).
The Loop/Repeat works, it just looks weird since it isn't really a loop...
I tried using an IF block, but I couldn't use the EXIT within that block  IF
(1=1) THEN..........END

LOOP
    block code
    block code
    if condition then EXIT
    block code
    EXIT
REPEAT

Would be nice if....

BEGIN BLOCK
    block code
    block code
    if condition then EXIT
    block code
END BLOCK

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division, EDI Administrator
ggal...@wyanokegroup.com
ph:856.848.9005 Ext 220
The Wyanoke Group
http://www.wyanokegroup.com

At least once i had a really wicked rule set, and I made individual vars to hold a boolean for each test. One benefit of this is you can easily override an unruly rule with T2 = 1 to make is "step out" till you can debug it.
You can also check the value of T1 and T2 in the debugger.
for example

T1 = (a gt b)
T2 = (c >= 2 *d)
IF T1 AND T2 THEN