There is an overhead in using the transaction handling capability in UV
[Assume same would be the case in UD] in the an underlying transaction
structure is established in memory and the transaction mechanism also it
enforces some constraints such as record locking [ Which you should do
anyway ].

It would be better if a TRY CATCH mechanism was added specifically....

My 2c worth...