Dave, I respect your opinion of my "bad form" but given that there has been
little to no information on this topic, would it make sense to sit on the
knowledge that there is a problem (regardless of who is to blame) and just
let others stumble blindly into it themselves?

It's likely that that the problem really doesn't have anything to do with
Rocket.  But when their response admitted changing things followed with
"it's working as designed" and no additional information to help mitigate
what was a broken program, that's hardly a solution.  Thank God for the
folks on this list who redirect, clarify, correct, and offer suggestions
that actually can help.