That's not English, it's Texan.

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 11:35 +0000, Brett Callacher wrote:
> Actually Robert, I think English does have this word.  You just used it - the
> rather unfashionable 'one'.
>
> Brett
>

> "Robert Houben" <robert.hou...@fwic.net> wrote in message
> > Good point, Bill,
> >
> > I think one sometimes uses "you" when one means someone other than
> > themselves, without intending to pin the reader with the crime being
> > mentioned.  The English language does not differentiate plural, general
> > "you" from singular, specific "you" (unless you're from the deep south, in
> > which case you have the unique "y'all", which oddly enough I've always
> > heard used as the singular, specific form.)
> >
> > For instance, I might have written:
> > "I think you sometimes use "you" when you mean someone other than
> > yourself..."
> >
> > :)

Ben Souther
Manager, Web and Web Service Development
bsout...@fwdco.com | 508.927.8147
FWDavison & Company, Inc.
10 Cordage Park Circle, Suite 200
Plymouth, MA 02360-7318

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, and any accompanying
documents, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact our office by e-mail or
by telephone at (508) 747-7261 and immediately destroy all copies of the