> From: David Jordan
> From my observations, I don't quite agree on Tony's
> summation of Cache vs U2.

You are of course welcome to disagree, and I might even agree
with some of your points.  But several of your points disagree
with statements that I didn't make. Rather than go through each
in detail I'll leave to anyone who cares to simply eliminate what
I didn't say from your disagreement.

I wasn't really making a summation either, other than I believe
Caché is worthy of investigation.  I tried to open and close with
a basic comparison, but tried to focus around the specific
inquiry of the OP.  In other words, there are a lot of right and
wrong things about both U2 and Caché, Rocket and ISC, but that's
not the question that was asked so I didn't elaborate beyond the
inquiry.

Finally, WRT "Honestly the PICK issue does not come up as much as
people think it does, nor is it a hindrance."  We're obviously
working in different circles because I get inquiries about this
almost every day, probably because this is what I do for a
living.  People call me because they need to make decisions about
whether to keep MV or migrate away, add a GUI or integrate with
some other environment that has one.  IT managers ask what they
can do quickly and with a low budget to get the new VPs off their
back about getting rid of the DOS system.  Company managers call
me to ask why they can't find Pick people with RDBMS and
Java/.NET experience.  Programmers send me résumés because their
company is migrating away from Pick.  Of all the issues in this
market that people pretend don't exist, let's not ignore one of
the most major threats that we face.  Rather, I'll accept that
YOU don't see this, but please don't doubt that this IS a huge
problem.