First I like to thank all that have responded to my query. I knew that
posting a question that may lead me to dropping U2 as a database may cause
some concern as to whether that is appropriate for this list.

I believe it is, because I want the opinions of people who have
experience/exposure in both U2 and Cache. There was a bit of confusion about
U2 and SB. If I decide to go with Cache, I would abandon the SB platform for
GUI UI. I was interested if there was any conversion utilities between SB
and .NET forms. Specifically if Cache has .NET DLLs/providers for
connectivity and databinding in .Net controls, etc.

I haven't looked at SB/XA yet, which I believe is the XAML (WPF) replacement
for SB. The candidate application is approx 15 years old (last used 3 years
ago) and is due for a major rewrite/overhaul. I have used WebDE (Redback) in
the past and was satisfied with it as middleware.

After the comments from this forum, I am going to request an evaluation
version from Intersystems.

Again, I just wanted to thank all for their comments, both online and
offline.

Thanks,
Don Verhagen
Emjack Group LLC.