I've received some import files (csv) that use either a CR and/or LF character in a test field (surrounded by "-marks). It seems to be somebody's idea of multi-value. However, I'm having a hard time extracting them (dynamic length lines) because UD considers it a field-mark. Therefore, the REMOVE() function, READSEQ statements don't work (a single line is considered two lines), and FORMLIST/READNEXT don't work because the key is too long for a select list.

Anyone know how to extract a line of a simple csv file that contains a CR and/or LF within the line?

Thanks,

Bill Haskett