For text files I like to use openseq and readseq. With embedded CR/LF's (which
are actually valid in a csv file) you would have to see if you needed to put
the lines back together. There were a couple of examples of reading csv files a
while back in CDP.

The other alternative is to use osopen and osbread. This will read a block of
text (size of your choosing and I've found you have to play a bit to get good
throughput). You then have to parse through the block literally character by
character.

hth
Colin Alfke
Calgary, Canada