Use colours, so users know if they are in Live or Test (eg normal grey
for live, yellow background for test).

The users can happily copy live data to test, do any conversions, run
things to make sure all OK.  Before we did this, users would do some
testing, then forget they were not in Live, and do some real work.

Cheers, Kate

Kate Stanton
Walstan Systems Ltd
4 Kelmarna Ave, Herne Bay, Auckland 1011, New Zealand
Phone: + 64 9 360 5310  Mobile: + 64 21 400 486
Email: k...@walstan.com