It saves to disk, and iirc you can specify how many replicants it is written
to to be considered "written".

You may be confusing it with memcached or redis, but even they have
persistence.
On Jul 13, 2011 2:02 PM, "Bill Brutzman" <bi...@hkmetalcraft.com> wrote:
> Is Mongo a "persistent" database? That is, does Mongo save the data to
disk, or just RAM?

> If it is RAM, then that is ok for tweets between high school chicks... but
not so good for bank accounts.

> --Bill

because of its autosharding any large scale application will definitely beat
u2. Mongo db powers many mainstream enterprise solutions, and high profile
websites, - bit.ly comes to mind, so it certainly has a pedigree as well.