So what are libraries?
They are nothing but a collection of subroutines that somebody else has written. And what do you do if you can't find a function in your library that does exactly what you need?
You write your own, right?
And by the time you have found the right function in your library you could have written the 3 lines of code in Basic that do the same thing already. I write Databasic code every day and have done so for over 20 years and hardly ever have use for functions, because if I needed them I would have written my own library by.

Mecki