From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of John Thompson
Sent: 14 July 2011 21:29
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Why Pick U2 ?

JSON is just another data exchange format like, csv, xml, etc.

The main advantage is that it is "arguably" better at passing name, valued
pairs of data (like Pick/MV in DataBASIC), than xml, etc.

It can also arguably make writing AJAX (i.e. FAST data entry web forms),
somewhat easier (with emphasis on the arguably of course), since most
Javascript libraries (i.e. client side subroutines for the web browser) work
so well with it.

So, as to why you need it?

It just depends on what you are trying to build.  Try and use the right tool
for the job as they say...

http://www.codinghorror.com/****blog/2004/10/who-needs-stored-****<http://ww

2004/10/who-needs-stored-**procedures-anyways.html<http://www.codinghorror.c
om/blog/2004/10/who-needs-stored-procedures-anyways.html>

u2ug.org/mailman/listinfo/u2-users>

John Thompson