From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Chris Austin
Sent: 20 July 2011 18:15
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] SELECT question, paginated select.

I'm working on a screen in our webapp where we're using a dojo widjet to
create a drop down with client names. The problem
is that we have 1,000's of clients and when we do a SELECT on this many
clients it takes a while. I know we can index the field but
I was wondering if you can do smart selecting in UniVerse.

For example if I wanted to use this query:

SELECT CLIENT WITH @ID = "A]" SAMPLE 10   (returns 10 clients starting with
the letter A).

I want to paginate my drop down so the first query has the above data. The
problem I'm facing is that I don't know how to
get the NEXT 10 clients? Is there  a way to do this?

For example if I wanted to return the next 10 CLIENTS, without including any
of the first 10.

Chris