I just answered my own question right after I sent that last reply..lol. The
PASSLIST way (which I will not be using btw) is below:

SEL.STMT = 'SELECT CLIENT BY NAME WITH NAME = "A]"'
EXECUTE SEL.STMT CAPTURING CAPTURED PASSLIST
IF (SYSTEM(11)*@SELECTED) THEN
  LIST.STMT = 'SELECT CLIENT WITH PAGE = 4'
  EXECUTE LIST.STMT CAPTURING CAPTURED PASSLIST
  LOOP WHILE READNEXT CLIENT.KEY
    CALL LFSIO.DATAFILE('QREAD*CLIENT',CLIENT.REC,CLIENT.KEY,'','')
    PRINT CLIENT.KEY:'  ':CLIENT.REC<CL$NAME>
  REPEAT
END
RETURN

Like you said, why do 2 executes when you don't need to, although when you
stack your SELECT commands like you did with the following:

CMD1 = 'SELECT CLIENT BY NAME WITH NAME = "A]"'
CMD1<-1> = 'SELECT CLIENT WITH PAGE = 1'
EXECUTE CMD1 RTNLIST CLIENT.LIST

You would think that does 2 executes, 1 behind the scenes but maybe not? It
must someone execute the first SELECT doesn't it, or is it a system level
command when you stack select's that the system processes 1 first, then the 2nd
with the first's results.

Chris