Tom,

 I am curious: what are you trying to do?  Are you trying to start a
telnet session within a .NET application so your customer can "login"
to your legacy application, thus using *existing* programs?  I wonder
what the requirements are that are driving your technology selection.
Why didn't you choose ssh?  Why didn't you choose web services?

rex