Well I guess I should rephrase...

It is seen as another block device to the OS, Windows, Linux or what have
you.

So, in Windows it would be a drive letter.
In Linux it would be a block device that you could partition and format.

I have not personally used it, but, there are folks out there using it in
the relational database world.

The cheaper route to go would be to create a ramdisk in Linux, in the RAM
itself... I have not done that in a long time.

I have never created a RAMDISK in windows... not since the DOS days anyway
at least.

--
John Thompson