From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of John Thompson
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 3:21 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Line Printer Control

Yes, on AIX, if you are using System V printing, make sure you setup the
printer like so:

Sorry for the ugly output...

                        Add Remote Printer Configuration

Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

                                                        [Entry Fields]
* PRINTER name                                       [Qtest]
* SERVER name                                        [dns-name-or-ip]
 +
* PRINTER NAME on server                             [RAW]
  COMMENT                                            []
  CLASS name                                         []
 +

  ---------- Interface Program Options ----------

  Printer TYPES                                      [Other]
  +
  CONTENT TYPE                                       [simple]
 +

  --------- Header/Trailer Page Options ---------

  Force BANNER?                                       no
  +

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Dave Laansma
<dlaan...@hubbardsupply.com>wrote:

> If you're on AIX, there are some settings in smit that may be causing
> it too.
>
> Sincerely,
> David Laansma
> IT Manager
> Hubbard Supply Co.
> Direct: 810-342-7143
> Office: 810-234-8681
> Fax: 810-234-6142
> www.hubbardsupply.com
> "Delivering Products, Services and Innovative Solutions"

PR0'

> > PRINTER OFF
> > PRINTER CLOSE
> >
> > Help would be appreciated.