*From:* ropor...@ochsner.org
*To:* u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
*Date:* 1/24/2012 8:18 AM
*Subject:* [U2] FYI - Another UV shop going away...
Just FYI,

Yesterday, Ochsner Health System (8 hospital plus ~40 clinics covering from New
Orleans to Baton Rouge, LA.) announced that the in-house maintained Laboratory
Information System will be replaced with SoftLab from Soft Computer Corp
(softcomputer.com).  The in-house system was originally a Pr1me then PI-Open, then
Ardent to IBM to Rocket UniVerse system. The source was licensed from LabForce some
20 years ago and maintained and further enhanced in-house with things like
automated faxing, connections to PHP/Apache, MS-SQL&  Sybase, some GUI (where
it made sense), etc.

Looks like I'll be moving into the Oracle on AIX world here shortly...

Robert

Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE, OCP-Java
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.