From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Robert Porter
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:18 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] FYI - Another UV shop going away...

Just FYI,

Yesterday, Ochsner Health System (8 hospital plus ~40 clinics covering
from New Orleans to Baton Rouge, LA.) announced that the in-house
maintained Laboratory Information System will be replaced with SoftLab
from Soft Computer Corp (softcomputer.com).  The in-house system was
originally a Pr1me then PI-Open, then Ardent to IBM to Rocket UniVerse
system. The source was licensed from LabForce some 20 years ago and
maintained and further enhanced in-house with things like automated
faxing, connections to PHP/Apache, MS-SQL & Sybase, some GUI (where it
made sense), etc.

Looks like I'll be moving into the Oracle on AIX world here shortly...

Robert

Robert F. Porter, MCSE, CCNA, ZCE, OCP-Java
Lead Sr. Programmer / Analyst
Laboratory Information Services
Ochsner Health System

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete
this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or
reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.