I installed the new U2 BDT (Basic Developer's Toolkit) and attempted to use it. In the U2 resource tab (after I created a server connection) one gets a list of accounts. Drilling in one gets a list of files. These include links ('Q'-files). When I click on one of the program links I get the message:

"Could not get contents of directory "E:\UDAccounts\Dev\@ABO_SYS\BP" on server "devserver". Error message: Unable to find the directory."

Ok, the file link I'm accessing looks like:

7 Dev (0)-> AE VOC ABOBP
Top of "ABOBP" in "VOC", 3 lines, 28 characters.
*--: P
001: LD
002: @ABO_SYS\BP
003: @ABO_SYS\D_BP
Bottom.

...so it appears the tool is appending the file path onto the VOC information. Unfortunately, in UD on Windows we use environment variables, so the reference "@ABO_SYS" is a defined environment variable path. It appears, therefore, that one cannot reference programs and data from links. Secondly, there doesn't seem to be any timeout manager (or keepalive setting) because my RPC times-out because I've set it to do so.

I guess this alone makes use of this tool problematic for me. Can anyone inform me that I'm mistaken and simply have to make a few settings to overcome these basic impediments? I guess I just have to go back to WED. :-(

Thanks,
--

Bill Haskett