From: Don Robinson <donr_w...@yahoo.com>
To: U2 listserver <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 6:26 am
Subject: [U2] Detecting idle time in INPUT statement.

Hello all,

e are running Universe 10.1 on AIX with about 500 users. We have a problem with
sers opening up a record which puts a lock on it and just letting it sit at the
NPUT statement for a long time.

ost of the locking within the application does not use the LOCKED clause so
hen a second person needs the locked record, their session waits.

hat is the best way to detect the user hasn't typed anything for a period of
ime, say 2 minutes? This needs to be simple as we have no desire to rewrite the
pplication!

IRC, some other MV systems have a timeout on the INPUT but I can't find
nything about this in the UV manual.

hanks,
Don Robinson