From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of George Gallen
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 1:23 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Show processing to user via icons

I like this idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of John Hester
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 2:19 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] READU vs READ and CRT

Another very simple and subtle thing you can do is make use of the
default OS pointer icons via javascript:

document.body.style.cursor = 'wait';  // hourglass, spinning circle,
etc.
document.body.style.cursor = 'default'; // arrow

I change the pointer for AJAX calls when the user should wait for
results from before doing something else, and additionally pop up an
animated gif for the calls I know will take more than 3 or 4 seconds.
It's pretty clear to users that they shouldn't attempt to click on
things when the mouse pointer is not an arrow or hand.

-John