From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of George Hammerle
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 7:54 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Serial to Ethernet device from Mettler Scale to Unidata/Universe

Hello,

        Has anyone used a "Serial to Ethernet" Device between a Mettler Scale (
PS60 ) and their Unidata / Universe System? We are running Unidata on a Unix
machine. What I would like to do is network a scale in our receiving
department. The "Serial to Ethernet" device would be set up as a server. The
Unidata Unix machine would connect via a socket to the "Serial to Ethernet"
device, pass "W*" to the Mettler Scale ( "give me the weight" ), the scale
would then pass back the weight through the "Serial to Ethernet" device.

If someone has done this and can provide any feedback, that would be
spectacular. And if you know of a serial to Ethernet device that works well,
please let me know.

            George Hammerle
            zhammerle@hubertREMOVE_THIS.com

solely for the use of the individual or company to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this e-mail including all attachments from your system. Thank you