We had ManFact  for over 15 years (I was not here for all that time)
and there came a point in our corporate life where this very question arose. We
sat down and did an analysis of how many times did we call  against the cost.
We considered that (essentially) there were only two good support people for
ManFact plus the fact that Epicor was stopping all development, we decided for
us that it would be cheaper over a year to go it alone. We have found that the
times we may have called Epicor in the past, we were able to slug through the
matter and resolve the issue ourselves.  We said sayonara to them and for us it
was the best decision.

Barry Rogen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
PNY Technologies, Inc.
(973) 560-5327
bro...@pny.com

        We are continually faced with great opportunities brilliantly disguised
as insoluble problems.
                                                             John W Gardner